There are many species and colors for roses, but each color carries a different set of symbolic meaning. Roses are beautiful, and they’re often the first tattoo for many people. If you’re looking for an amazing flower design, be sure to check out the remarkable rose tattoos and research the connotations associated with different color before you ink.
Here are the different symbolic meanings of rose tattoo designs base on their colors.
- Black – love is ended, goodbye, death and freedom
- Blue – imagination, hope and new opportunity
- Burgundy – unconscious beauty
- Coral / Orange – burning desire, enthusiasm, and passion
- Dark crimson – grief and mourning
- Lavender – charm and love at first sight
- Peach – gratitude, appreciation, admiration, modesty and sympathy
- Pink – joy, appreciation, admiration, femininity, refinement and elegance
- Purple – love at first sight
- Red – true love, enduring passion, beauty, and respect
- Red rosebud – purity, beauty, and youthful love
- White – innocence, purity, truth, young love, and reverence
- Yellow – joy, affection, caring, freedom, and friendship
- Orange + yellow – amorous feeling
- Pink + while – perpetual love
- Red + yellow – happiness
- Red + white – unity
The meanings of rose tattoo designs according to the number of flowers you ink.
- One rose – “I still love you” and love at first sight
- Two roses – mutual love
- Three roses – loving couple and their affection
A standalone rose design looks as charming as a few of them combined together. The flower can easily interweave with other design agents to form a truly distinctive design such as with butterfly, vine, cross, skull and other types of flowers. You can also have a floral artwork designed in tribal style—in multicolor or black hue.
The ideal location to wear rose designs are the shoulder, ankle, leg, chess, hip, upper arm, lower back and the navel area just above the bikini line. A larger design can also be located at your shoulder extending to the side of your body. In fact, flower tattoo is so flexible that it can be scaled to sport in anywhere of the body.
Check out the high quality, creative rose tattoos in a pro gallery.